Athletics: Assistant Soccer Coach
The Assistant Soccer Coach assists the Head Soccer Coach in directing all activities of the Soccer Program within NCAA and Conference.
The Assistant Soccer Coach is responsible for maintaining high academic standards to support the academic development and graduation of student-athletes while focusing on student-athlete welfare; assisting in successfully directing the Soccer program to compete for NCAA Championships; assisting in the recruitment of student-athletes and maintaining a culture of personal accountability in student-athlete performance and conduct, assisting in the planning and direction of all practices, travel, and game activities.
- Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high performing Soccer student-athletes by using strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, knowledge of marketing principles, and the ability to create and manage databases.
- Assist with preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice schedules, off-season programs, and game coaching. This will include scouting opponents to create game plans and utilizing a heart rate monitoring system. These monitors will be used to gather and interpret data from student-athletes in order to plan individual workloads for future practice sessions which optimizes the health and performance of student-athletes.
- Maintain a firm commitment to the academic mission of the University and to the educational advancement of the student-athlete by monitoring student-athletes' progress towards degree, study hours, and academic struggles, as well as providing the student-athletes with help when needed.
- Serve as an ambassador of the University and its athletics department to all public entities with the use of motivation, coordination, management, and marketing skills to promote community engagement, donor support, and positive public relations.
- Comply with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations by having a willingness to learn, research, and communicate with all levels of administration dealing with these entities.
- Assist the Head Soccer Coach in executing all responsibilities in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity, and success of the Soccer program, the Athletic Department, and the University with any other duties that are assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree awarded by a regionally accredited institution in the field of Sports Management, Sports Psychology, Kinesiology, Exercise/Sports/Behavioral Science, Physiology, Nutrition/Fitness, Physical Education, Sports Medicine, and/or a related field required.
- Coaching and/or playing experience in soccer preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, public relations, interpersonal, customer service and supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be of high character principle.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: