Athletics, PBA (Certified Athletic Trainer)
- Under the direct supervision of the Head Certified Athletic Trainer, the Athletic Trainer shall assist the Head Trainer in administering, coordinating, and supervising all activities of the Training Room in the absence of the Head Trainer.
- Ensure the health safety and well-being of all male and female student-athletes participating in twelve intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Assist the Head Trainer in the supervision, training, and instruction of student trainers and athletes in all aspects of the program.
- Assist Head Trainer in preparation, maintenance, and reviewing of all medical records in each athletes' personal file.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, Physical Therapy, or related field and 3 years(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for athletic training
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in athletic training demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with athletic training.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the athletic training.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- NATA Athletic Trainer certification and CPR certificate.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Masters degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, Physical Therapy or related field.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
West Region School