Social Media Coordinator
Looking for a Social Media Coordinator to maintain and elevate the digital presence and voice of the team through the club’s social media accounts. This role is charged with engaging fans through all aspects of our brand by creating and distributing social content that is on-brand, relevant, timely and innovative. The incumbent will work closely within the Social Media Department and across the organization and utilize social channels to:
- Engage current and new fans
- Distribute news and conversations
- Drive online traffic to club-owned digital assets
- Raise awareness of club events and marketing initiatives
- Fulfill sponsored “social-first” integrations
The Social Media Coordinator will be expected to adhere to the brand’s social media strategy and style guidelines at all times when posting to any of the club’s social media accounts.
- Lead in posting written content, photos, graphics, videos and links on social channels.
- Promote all content types with the goal of maximizing engagement and consumption to drive goals of the club and sponsors.
- Monitor social media to discover shareable/retweetable content and engagement opportunities – beyond gameday.
- Day-to-day, work with Social Media Producer, Creative Services, Marketing, Partnership etc. to capitalize on and deliver assets that allow the club to participate in new content series, emerging social trends and real-time topics of conversation.
- Respond to and engage with users that reach out directly to or reply to posts from the club.
- Plan and maintain a social content calendar to ensure posting stays consistent on weekends and outside of normal office hours.
- Aid with campaign tracking, social metrics and analysis to effectively strategize and monetize social content.
- Support execution of paid ad initiatives.
- Knowledge of basic design and photo editing principles in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom are a plus.
- Brainstorm one-off “quick wins” and new social-first content series, keeping in mind opportunities to involve sponsors and see execution of such through from start to finish.
- Consider and implement differentiation of content delivery for each platform.
- Monitor accounts from NFL and other sports/leagues/clubs to discover trending topics, ideas for content and delivery best practices.
- Internal/External Customer Service:
- Remain trustworthy to ensure team personnel is comfortable with club’s social presence.
- Support player driven content by working directly with players to create and share content in which they’re featured.
- Build working relationships across the organization to help promote organizational undertakings and strong understanding of social strategies.
- Work with internal departments to proactively respond to fan concerns/complaints in a timely manner.
- Monitor industry data to stay on top of traffic trends & understand where we can best engage fans.
- Monitor changes to platforms and how those changes impact brand usage.
- Examine available and emerging platforms and make recommendations for club participation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Media (preferred), Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years managing public-facing social media channels for a brand or sports team. Must be able to provide examples of previous work.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of social media best practices and pitfalls across the industry and social platforms, including (but not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope and YouTube.
- Strong attention to detail, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of social media listening and scheduling tools (Ex. TweetDeck, Spredfast, Crowd Tangle, Later etc.)
- Experience compiling and analyzing social media KPIs and metrics to impact strategy, sponsor opportunities and business decisions.
- Possess professional communication skills, including written and oral correspondence. This includes the ability to establish a rapport with others and build strong interpersonal relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Possess strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects while keeping key constituents updated.
- Must be dependable, willing to take initiative and able to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings including some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able and willing to travel with the team as needed (Training Camp, road games, events, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, DSLR camera and principles of photography and graphic design are a plus.
- Experience in sports is a plus.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Motor Speedway Company
Central Motor Speedway Company