SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Football Communications Assistant provides direct support to all operations within the Football Communication department. Position serves a versatile role in assisting department with facilitating external media requests, credentialing media, maintaining network partner relationships and managing player media obligations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
· Assist with accreditation process for home games and maintain lines of communication to efficiently manage network and opponent needs.
Assist with strategic facilitation of daily media interview requests for players and coaches as assigned by Director.
· Assist with editing of published team materials, including media guide, weekly release and statistical information.
· Process internal requests from football operations and other departments and coordinate external photo requests from media, colleges and other various entities.
· Assist department with social media monitoring and maintaining pulse of media landscape.
· Participate in department meetings to brainstorm content ideas, organizational strategy and media monitoring tactics.
· Coordinate department’s administrative services. Administrative services include: Updating files, coordinating mail services (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) and managing ticket/credential requests as required.
· Collaborate with Director on weekly process of reviewing, approving and submitting department’s invoicing.
· Work to archive daily news clips, including digital and traditional “hard-copy” files.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas of study include sports communications, sports marketing, sports management, public relations or journalism.
2. 1-2 years of experience in public relations or journalism, preferable with an NFL team or other pro sports franchise.
3. Proven writing skills in either public relations or journalism required.
4. Working knowledge of journalism, grammar and editing techniques required.
5. Competency on AP-style writing required.
6. Proven interpersonal skills with ability to communicate to internal and external entities.
7. Proficient level of competency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Make Your Career Move Today!
Subscribe today and gain access to 48,235 jobs in the sports industry and Break Through!