GAME ENTERTAINMENT INTERN
Game Entertainment staff in day to day operations as well as marquee events and game days.
This is a paid internship and entails full-time weekdays (40+ hours).
The intern is required to work all home games (pre-season, regular season and post season), training camp and specified events (i.e. Family Night).
Intern may be asked to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed. The approximate timeframe for this internship is from June 2019 – May 2020.
- Assist with coordination and planning of game day entertainment elements including anthem singers, flag holders, halftime entertainment, sales promotions, Tailgate Village activations, Plaza activations, etc.
- Assist with coordinating training camp and game day staffing of the promotions crew including hiring, training, scheduling and managing.
- Work closely with the Sales & Business Development interns on coordination and execution of game day elements and staffing.
- Assist with coordination of various activities surrounding training camp.
- Assist with coordinating, planning and executing special events as assigned. Examples include 5K Run, Family Night, Draft Day, Pep Rallies, etc.
- Assist with management of Cheer Teams on game day including uniform set-up, distribution of uniforms and end of game reporting, etc.
- Assist with management of Tundraline (Drumline) on game day including check-in and payroll reports, uniform management, performance schedule, etc.
- Track and prepare reports for game day music played at all home games.
- Assist with creating the game day production script by working in a web based program, ShoFlo. Includes tracking and reporting music, promotions, announcements, etc.
- Daily computer work, power point documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Assist with day-to-day administrative needs and miscellaneous projects as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree (junior status minimum) in related field.
- Above average communication skills.
- Actual work experience in sports marketing or special events outside of classroom work.
- Experience (internship and/or part-time) with other sports teams preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle various projects at one time while performing at a very high level.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, within a team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach, stoop, and lift on a frequent basis.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Ice Hockey Team
Central Baseball Team
Central Baseball Club