Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
This position has been filled - Job#: 453375927
Seeking a part-time Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach to fulfill a 12-month commitment. The anticipated start date for this position is April 1, 2019.
Description of Job Duties
Provide coaching and administrative assistance to the Director of Strength & Conditioning Coach in all phases of the football strength and conditioning program.
Provide assistance in the daily operation of the weight room and implementation of individualized strength, speed, conditioning, and flexibility programs for student-athletics in all assigned intercollegiate sports programs.
Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, Southland Conference and the NCAA. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and the ability to work nights/weekends.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Possess a strong work ethic, enthusiasm and the long-term goal of working in the collegiate strength & conditioning profession.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the university, Southland Conference, and the NCAA.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum one year experience in strength & conditioning training.
- Master's Degree, currently certified through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (CSCS) or through the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Association (SCCC), currently certified in CPR and First Aid by a nationally recognized organization.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable with insurance carrier.
- Ability to lift equipment, tools, and/or materials weighing up to 90 pounds waist high.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central State University