Assistant Athletics Director/Head Trainer Football
This position has been filled - Job#: 453375943
The Intercollegiate Athletics Department is seeking applications for an Assistant Athletics Director (Head Trainer - Football). This position will manage all aspects of the athletic training program for the sport of football.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Coordinate the prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and management of athletic-related injuries for assigned student-athletes.
- Administer emergency care and assist in making medical referrals.
- Manage system of injury records on appropriate student-athletes.
- Coordinate communication among parent, physician, student-athlete, coach, dietician as well as sports psychologist/mental health professional(s).
- Possible teaching in the Athletic Training Curriculum within the College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences.
- Facilitate drug testing process in conjunction with the NCAA, Big 12 Conference and Athletics.
- Become and maintain the status of a Preceptor.
- Assist students in mastering the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) athletic training educational and clinical competencies.
- Educate athletic training students in their preparation to take the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (BOC) exam.
- Maintain BOC and CPR certification, as well as State Registration.
- Master's Degree.
- Five (5) years of experience.
- Athletic Training and/or physical therapy experience at the NCAA Division I level.
- Proven experience in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student athletes.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Demonstrated ability to function professionally under high stress and confrontational circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and develop personal contacts with outside groups, i.e. student-athletes, professional representatives, fans, media, donors, University community.
- Current National Athletic Trainer's Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- CPR and AED certifications.
- Supervisor's preference includes licensure as a Physical Therapist.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: