Head Women's Volleyball Coach
The Head Women's Volleyball Coach is responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of the women's volleyball program. This individual must demonstrate the ability to lead a program with longstanding tradition of excellence in both athletics and academics by preparing its student-athletes of assuming roles of leadership and service in their future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer all phases of an NCAA Division I women's volleyball program.
- Develop and supervise the student-athletes in the women's volleyball program, by implementing strategies to motivate maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Recruit and retain academically and athletically qualified student-athletes, working directly with the Admissions Department.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress.
- Promote a philosophy of educational welfare, sportsmanship and conduct in alignment with the University's mission.
- Schedule non-conference games in competitive season.
- Create long term player development including technical, tactical and physical development of individual players.
- Organize, prepare and supervise all training practices and game day contests.
- Have direct contact with Residence Life for student-athlete housing and needs.
- Responsible for placing orders for all equipment and gear needed for the season with BSN. To be finalized with the Sr. Associate AD for Business and Finance.
- Coordinate all travel with the Sr. Associate AD for Business and Finance.
- Maintain responsibility for budget control by adhering to operational budgets.
- Hire, supervise and assign responsibilities of assistant coaches.
- Undertake public relations and promotional activities appropriate to the position to promote the women's volleyball team.
- Adhere to all MAAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment and sensitivity to the needs and dynamics of a culturally diverse student body that includes a large percentage of first generation and low income students.
- Creative, innovative and self-motivated individual with the ability to work creatively in an atmosphere of limited resources.
- Commitment and sensitivity to the Jesuit and Catholic ideals that form the mission of the University; and willingness to integrate these ideals into all aspects of the Athletics Department.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Preferred a minimum of five years successful coaching experience in women's volleyball at the college or professional level.
- Knowledge of MAAC and NCAA rules and regulations for compliance.
- Public relations skills; excellent interpersonal and communications skills; and excellent organizational skills.
- Have the ability to deal with students, faculty, staff, alumni, boosters, college administrations and all media outlets.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: