The Coaching Assistant is responsible for assisting with all phases of coaching an intercollegiate football team; Including recruiting, scouting, game management and promotions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous collegiate (or higher level) coaching experience or playing experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to demonstrate football skills and techniques.
- General knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Must enroll in at least six semester hours in a Graduate Studies Program during academic school year per NCAA requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Working nights, weekends, and holidays as required to complete assigned tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree
- At the direction of the head coach and/or assistant coach, provide instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport s dynamics to student-athletes to ensure maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole.
- Scouts and recruit prospective student athletes from high school, junior and community colleges.
- Make recommendations to the head coach regarding potential of student athlete.
- Performs administrative duties as assigned by Head Coach.
- Assist with summer camps.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
- Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations concerning student-athlete: conduct, appearance, road games, punctuality and other areas as deemed appropriate.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Hockey Team