Athletics *Track & Field* Graduate Assistant
Description of the Job
The university's Athletics is seeking a graduate assistant to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Track & Field program during the 2019-20 academic year.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Attending all practices and competitions;
- Recording times and splits at practice and competition when needed; and
- Other practice and competition responsibilities as assigned and in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings (compliance, workout planning, academic, strength & conditioning, individuals);
- Assisting with travel arrangements for competitions;
- Managing recruiting database: data input, update contact information, correspondence with prospective student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules;
- Meeting with recruits and families when available and/or when needed; and
- Other office responsibilities as assigned and in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Admittance into a graduate program; and
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a graduate assistant.
- Prior student-athlete experience;
- Knowledge of and prior work experience in intercollegiate athletics;
- Strong customer service skills, highly organized, and detail-oriented; and
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,426 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime