This position has been filled - Job#: 453376264
Duties & Responsibilities
This position serves as overall leader of the Men's & Women's Diving program and embraces the vision of principled leadership, academic integration and excellence in college athletics. This person will be expected to set the program's goals, vision and strategic direction and will be responsible for all aspects of the program, including student-athlete development, operations, staffing, budget, facilities, technology, media, University and community relationships, as appropriate.
The Diving Coach will use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By using inter-collegiate competition and all related activities, this position will serve as a teacher and mentor to help build student character, prepare students for a constructive and effective life, and teach valuable life lessons including work ethic; discipline, resilience; persistence; teamwork and selflessness; goal-setting and goal achievement; overcoming adversity; and leadership.
The Diving Coach will be responsible for ensuring that student-athletes have a positive experience, achieve and maintain peak performance, with minimal risk of injury. As a key Ambassador for the Athletics Department and the entire University, the Diving Coach must reflect the highest levels of integrity, ethical behavior and adhere to principles.
This position will coach and develop student-athletes; plan and direct the overall training strategy for the program; establish practice, training and competition schedules; oversee strength and conditioning of the athletes; develop and implement a student-athlete recruiting strategy; spearhead fundraising efforts and alumni/ae engagement; and supervise Volunteer Assistant Coaches. In conjunction with the Men's & Women's Associate Head Coaches, this position will plan, direct and manage the Swim School - a major fundraiser for the Swimming & Diving programs. The Diving Coach will promote and market the School with a goal of maximizing revenues and ensure the smooth operation of each session.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 5 seasons of (a) coaching diving and/or (b) diving as an athlete in intercollegiate competition.
- Experience as a diving coach at the college level preferred, particularly at the Division I level.
- Must have outstanding technical, tactical and strategic knowledge of diving.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to work with and relate well to a diverse group of athletes, administrators, and University constituents, needed.
- Must be able to establish yourself as a respected coach to students, faculty, alumni/ae, media representatives, and the broader University community.
- Must be administratively self-sufficient and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and web applications.
- Should have basic video filming, editing and analytical ability.
- The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of success, have strong organizational skills and an ability to work independently.
- Must be able to respect and comply with guidelines set forth by the NCAA.
- Valid drivers' license required. A DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) check is required as you will be driving recruits as well as student-athletes during out-of-town travel.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School
Northeast Region School