- Complete proper and adequate installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair, of HVAC related systems including hot water boilers, chiller, cooling towers, refrigeration systems, pumps, blowers, fans, variable frequency drives, Johnson Control systems, and all other associated mechanical and electrical systems.
- Maintain proper building indoor air quality (IAQ) according tolocal and national IAQ codes and regulations.
- Participate in and provides insight into the maintenance and improvements of HVAC and related system operations and computerized maintenance management systems that support work order management and preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance programs associated with HVAC systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Participate in safety culture including proper use of PPE including but not limited to: masks, boots, gloves, safety glasses and hard hat if working around construction projects.
- Respond to routine and emergency calls for repair and service throughout the facility during occupied and unoccupied hours.
- Understand and analyze drawings in order to identify the location of HVAC systems and associated electrical, water, and gas utilities.
- Attend meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Coordinate with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders by planning work, assigning tasks, prioritizing work, setting work schedules, providing quality controls and conducting on-the-job training, as needed
- Program controls and monitor all boilers, chiller, heat recovery, fan powered and VAV boxes, pumps, fans, refrigeration systems, and performs chemical testing on heating water in boilers/heat exchangers and water in cooling towers, chiller, and other plant systems. Programs and monitors occupied and unoccupied energy efficiency scheduling with HVAC to optimize performance and savings.
- Estimate materials and/or equipment needed to complete work projects. Provide labor estimates for repair or projects, provide project cost analysis on contractor bids. Prepare documentation for the purpose of providing reports and/or conveying information efficiently and effectively.
- Use fine finger dexterity and grasping in a variety of tasks including use of hand tools, meters, vacuum pumps, charging scale, refrigerant pressure gauges, and thermometers
- Must be able to safely use and climb 4-14 feet ladders and stairs
- Frequently stoop or bend and occasionally kneel and/or crouch to perform essential functions
- Must be able to move a load between 50-100 pounds occasionally to perform essential functions
- Safely operate scissor lifts, articulating boom lifts, forklifts, andmotorized cart in and around the stadium.
Education and Experience:
- Journeyman HVAC Technician with a minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in the trade
- Must possess or be able to obtain in a reasonable amount of time the National Refrigerant Recovery License, City of Seattle Refrigeration License, and City of Seattle Grade 3 Steam Engineer License. Must maintain valid licenses once completed.
- City of Seattle Gas Piping License and Building Operator Certification preferred but not required
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Knowledge of all applicable codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the trade
- Skilled in installation, repair and maintenance of all systems and assignments common to the trade
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel in addition to work order database programs.
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization
- Strong customer service skills with ability to understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals, groups and guests in a fast paced environment while handling stressful situations with ease.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills; pays close attention to details and deadlines
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Indoor and outdoor work environment, subject to fluctuation in temperatures, exposure to the sun and elements.
- Must be able to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Frequent standing and walking on concrete surfaces
- Must be able to safely climb ladders and stairs, maintaining balance while completing tasks
- Frequent stooping or bending and occasional kneeling and/or crouching
- Must be able to move between 50-100 pounds occasionally, which may include lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
International Martial Arts Organization
Western Hockey Team