Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453376643
- Evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries/illnesses
- Education and dissemination of sports medicine related information to coaching staff and student-athletes.
- Management of medical and communication records with members of the sports medicine staff, team physician, insurance companies and other constituents.
- Perform other duties deemed essential to the operation of athletic training office as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Director of Athletics.
Other Job Functions:
- Develop functional injury prevention/strength and conditioning protocols for the athletics department
- Participate in the implementation/supervision of functional injury prevention
- Assist in the research/development of new policies and procedures
- Obtain additional credits or experience in a therapeutic intervention that can be utilized in the athletic training room.
- Participate in meetings and trainings including departmental meetings.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of the College’s Drug Deterrence Program.
- Create and present educational topics for Student-Athletes, coaches and the general student population.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Nationally Certified Athletic Training License (NATABOC)
- State of Wisconsin Licensure eligible (Athletic Training Licensure)
- Current CPR/AED certification for Health Care Providers or Professional Rescuers.
- 1-2 years of experience within an Intercollegiate Athletic Department (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Collegiate athletic training experience is preferred.
- Accepted into Edgewood College Graduate Program
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge, clear understanding and acceptance of the NCAA III Philosophy
- Strong work ethic, strong rehabilitation and treatment skills, ability to work as a member of a medical team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Familiarity with academic policies, procedures, and services
- Have or be able to acquire a State of Wisconsin Driver’s License
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with SportsWare (or other similar platform) tracking software
- Training in basic Athletic Training modalities
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Central Region College
College ( IL )