Assistant Athletic Trainer (10-Month, FT)
This position has been filled - Job#: 453376809
- Under the direction of the team physician and head athletic trainer, provide the medical services for injuries and illnesses incidental to student-athletes participation in intercollegiate athletics (some injuries outside of athletic including but not limited to return to play decision-making; prevention, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries or illnesses;
- Provides game and practice coverage including days, nights, weekend, holiday and overnight and local travel coverage;
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and documentation;
- Collaborate with physicians and other allied health professionals to deliver appropriate care and referrals to student-athletes;
- Provide counseling, education and testing to student-athletes, coaches and parents regarding athletic injuries and illnesses;
- Process insurance claims;
- Recognize injuries and illnesses needing further medical attention and referring to appropriate providers;
- Assist with the daily operations and maintenance of the athletic training facilities;
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with administrative duties as assigned;
- Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies;
- Maintain certifications and licensure as required by the BOC and state of MA;
- Engage in professional development and continuing education to maintain certification standards.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy in accordance with HIPPA and FERPA.
- Assist with the supervision and education of student employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or other related discipline accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of
- Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- One to two years of collegiate athletic training experience (with contact sports preferred).
- Certified by the BOC (Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers).
- MA State Athletic Training Licensure.
- Familiarity with NCAA governing rules.
- Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) certification at the Basic Life Support/Professional Rescuer level or beyond.
- Ability to function in a service- and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently, display strong attention to detail, work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as well as have the ability to travel locally and overnight is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- The position also requires the temperament and interpersonal skills to work well with the modes and moods of student-athletes within the stress and tension periods of intercollegiate athletics.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to extremes in weather.
- A Master's degree in Athletic Training or other related program preferred.
- Two to four years' experience with athletic training with contact sports including football and hockey preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Sports Health Facility