Special Events Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Event Coordination
- Organize and execute events hosted annually with internal departments to include: Marketing hosted events (i.e. Bunch club events), Marketing sponsorship/partner events (i.e. Coca-Cola, Bud Light, etc.) and other internal events.
- Organize and execute external client bookings once booked and assigned by Special Events Assistant Manager.
- Continue booking future business in prom/homecoming market up to 3-years out. Create booking contracts for these markets.
- Assist Special Events Assistant Manager with event day management of other Social Business (I.e. Bar Mitzvahs, weddings and engagement parties).
- Communicate with all internal departments associated with event responsibilities and assist in preparing the building for events including: checking setups, briefing Guest Relations staff, and communicate updated needs/changes for events.
- Maximize revenues by upselling additional ancillary services to include, Guest Relations (tours, coat check, teambuilding), Audio Visual/IPTV, Creative Services and Broncos talent (Cheerleaders, Miles & Stampede), and additional event spaces for enhanced events.
- Provide additional support to Senior Special Events Manager & Special Events Assistant manager on event day to execute large convention business, high profile internal events & other key events needing assistance.
- Maintain relationships with external clients to continue repeat business for future bookings. Interacts effectively with guests and clients, food and beverage providers, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other SMC and stadium departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction through all phases of their event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and increasing client loyalty to the stadium.
- Gains understanding of the stadium’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops beneficial event related documentation including event timelines, EMS set-up worksheets, diagrams and event notes.
- Conduct systematic pre-event inspections to ensure set up requirements are completed, and a positive, first-class presentation of the stadium will take place.
- Assist Senior Special Events Manager & Special Events Assistant Manager in event project management needed for event operations and sales. Examples to include: security procedures during events, Event Planner guide updates, establish new relationships with tending vendors and services, and décor ideas for internal and external events.
- Design spreadsheets for data entry to support benchmarking, KPI’s, and other event related activity. Work directly with Events Administrator on data entry.
- Assists with tasks related to data entry including Event Management Software (EMS), creating files, processing contracts and designing diagrams through a CAD system.
- Retrieving signed contract, payment and insurance for all contracted events booked annually
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event management, journalism, communications, or related fields or a combination of education and job-related experience.
- One to two years of related experience
- Maintain a flexible work schedule, including weekends, evenings, and early mornings
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and works well in group problem solving situations
- Flexible in managing all types of Special Events to support the busy events calendar, including: internal, external & sponsorship/marketing and other events based on calendar that is booked months in advance or booked within a short notice.
- Responds promptly to client needs and provides excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, administrative writing and creative writing
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, multi task/manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve results on deadlines
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with a strong knowledge of Excel.
- Respect for confidentially of critical event information
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Western Swimming Company