Sales and Service Account Executive
Reasonable accommodations may be made to you to perform these essential functions:
- You will be responsible for growing new business revenue in full and partial season memberships, as well as group sales by researching individuals, companies and industries
- Make cold calls to potential clients, as well as past clients to generate new ticket revenue
- Attend charity events and networking events, conduct professional meetings with potential clients to maximize revenue growth
- Meet minimum weekly activity expectations in place (high phone call volume, sending emails, appointments, etc.)
- Create unique touch points to maximize our customer service experience, promptly responding to requests or communications, and establishing a dynamic relationship with all customers
- Staff all home games, member & promotional events, performing various sales and service functions throughout the game
- Attend focused events targeting and connecting with our season ticket members.
- Document all communication Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Positive attitude and a desire to succeed is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Knowledge of CRM and BackOffice is ideal.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of sales experience with the business side of collegiate, minor league or professional sports is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Sports & Entertainment Company
Central Football Team