Head Athletic Trainer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453376905
Searching for a Head Athletic Trainer. This position is responsible for the athletic healthcare and well being of all College student athletes. Develops, coordinates, and administers a comprehensive sports medicine program for the college's intercollegiate sports. The head athletic trainer will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program. The primary objective is to help provide the safest possible sports experience for our athletes by preventing as many injuries as possible, and properly managing the injuries that do occur. By promoting the health of the athlete, it enhances their sports experience as well as the overall success of the athletic program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Development of overall sports medicine program for the college, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluation, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs, and counseling for student athletes.
· Serve as the NCAA Athletic Health Care Administrator
· Develop/update all sports medicine policies, procedures
· Provides athletic training services for the college's athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices as well as home and away competition as necessary.
· Coordinates, schedules, and assists with physical examinations and medical referrals for student athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete safely.
· Works cooperatively with Student Wellness Center and team physician to assure good communication and continuity of care.
· Responsible for the formation/development of the athletic training staff, including assistant athletic trainers, part- time athletic trainers, and student training room assistants.
· Assists athletic director in the development of the athletic training budget.
· Solicits bid pricing and orders athletic training supplies and equipment
· Evaluates and recommends new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
· Assures accurate and complete records are kept of all significant injuries, medical conditions and medical histories.
· Coordinates athletic injury insurance claims between athletes, parents, Student Wellness Center, and insurance companies.
· Provides basic information and initial counseling for athletes with nutrition concerns.
Supervises full time assistant athletic trainers and part time athletic trainers; supervises approximately 35 student training room assistants
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree in sports medicine or a related field required; 5-10 years experience as collegiate athletic trainer required
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: