Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Basic Functions: Assist Head Field Hockey Coach with the daily operation of the field hockey program and the recruitment of student-athletes. Perform additional coaching or administrative assignment and teach in the department as requested.
- Assist the Head Field Hockey Coach with the daily operation of the field hockey program and the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach with team selection, practices, on field coaching, game day preparation, scouting, develop and apply team rules.
- Assist with administrative duties such as scheduling, making team travel arrangements, home game management, game day video sharing, monitoring academic progress of students, supervising student workers, working with the equipment staff on the distribution and maintenance of athletic equipment and providing the Sports Information Office with appropriate information for publications and press releases.
- Identify and contact prospective students-athletes, arrange campus visits, develop printed recruiting materials, participate in Admissions Office events, and complete other duties assigned by the head coach.
- Perform specific duties for the Head Field Hockey Coach if needed in his/her absence.
- Abide by University, NCAC and NCAA rules and regulations. Teach courses for the department as needed.
- Participate actively in the university community.
- Serve on appropriate university and department committees. Perform coaching, administrative, or other duties for the department as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated background in coaching or playing field hockey on the college level.
- Successful and proven experience in recruiting student athletes.
- Possess an understanding of NCAA Division III and conference rules and regulations.
- Strong work ethic and excellent problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach physical education courses and relate well to students, fellow department members and other colleagues.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license and must be insurable under Denison's liability insurance policy.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in training and developing goalkeepers. Experience working with recruiting database technology. Demonstrable experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region University