Manager, Corporate Communications
Purpose of Position:Assist Director, Communications, in the creation, execution and administration of publicity plans for business unit initiatives and activities.
Help develop and place key message points for Community Tennis in traditional (sports) and non-traditional (non-sports) media. Create/write publicity materials for Community Tennis
- Help manage efforts to generate publicity for the mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis (i.e., stories of increased access points for play, highlight positive industry news, promote key points to key target audiences). Major initiatives include all major youth tennis programs.
- Interact on a daily basis with Community Tennis heads and managers to properly publicize their efforts and assist them in reaching their goals
- Expand and cultivate national and local media contacts (print, broadcast, digital) for story placement on nitiatives and general tennis news
- Maximize exposure of community tennis efforts through in-house vehicles
- Help manage PR firms to maximize placement of community tennis stories throughout the year
Qualifications / Other:
- Candidate should have experience in public/media relations field.
- Strong writing skills, ability to develop story angles, experience in pitching stories and background in working with video production.
- Strong local and national media contacts a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the capability to multi-task on projects.
- Knowledge of sports and the tennis industry.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeastern Sports and Entertainment Company
Major League Soccer
MLB Franchise jobs