Athletic Certification Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and administer the evaluation and determination of the initial eligibility of all student-athletes and ensuring their continued academic eligibility
- Monitor, interpret, apply and certify eligibility within University policies and regulations, the Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations for assigned sports under limited supervision
- Process transfer evaluations and eligibility determination of incoming and current student athletes
- Complete student athlete certifications, for fall and spring semesters. This includes a review of academic and amateurisms certifications via the NCAA eligibility Center. Update relevant software and associated organizations and individuals
- Provide academic data for NCAA and Conference reporting requirements. Provide student information to various constituents upon request
- Collaborate with representatives from the compliance office in the athletic department, college advisors and deans, admissions, institutional research, international student services, financial aid and any other relevant department within the University
- Monitor, interpret, and apply University and NCAA rules, regulations and policies, in certifying academic progress toward degree requirements for all continuing and incoming transfer student-athletes
- Support the education of and provide assistance to compliance personnel, the athletic department and other campus departments while serving as a resource regarding University academic policies and procedures
- Review summer school scholarship applications for student athletes
- Administer exit interviews for student athletes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Jenzabar experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds up to 1/3 of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeast Region School
Southeast Region School
Sports Marketing/Sales Company