Director Security - Theater
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378229
The Director Security will oversee all Security Supervisors, Security Officers and Command Center Officers. This position will report to the Vice President Venue Security.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Supervise ancillary events such as TV shots, Fan Fests and promotional activities along with Security shifts.
- Develops and implements access control plans and strategies designed to maximize screening effectiveness while minimizing guest wait time.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of guest service within a safe and secure environment for our guests and employees during all events and functions within the operating areas of the Theater.
- Works closely with the Command Center to safeguard company and guest property during an event.
- Act as a liaison with local law enforcement, client representatives, talent/sports team security and outside agencies. Work with local law enforcement to develop and implement periodic threat-based scenario table top exercises and familiarization walk-throughs of the theater.
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Ensure consistency and a high level of execution by security personnel of all policies, standards and procedures.
- Provide reports to the VP Venue Security including incident reports, weekly security activity report, end of event flash reports.
- Conduct periodic security risk assessments, physical security assessments, and threat assessments on the theater.
- Develop and provide the VP Security pre-event security plans for all events at the venue.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external clients to minimize expense and maximize budgeted results while maintaining optimal operating efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and document any event day incidents and/or problems including those affecting clients, guests, and staff or operating issues.
- Attend production meetings and produce event notes outlining client expectations and operational needs.
- Participate and conduct walk-throughs to ensure adequate security for events as well as VIP ingress/egress.
- Create weekly roll-calls in accordance with building posts and construction/event related needs for building supervisors as well as fill late call outs daily.
- Coordinate with Staff Services to adequately schedule security officers in accordance with working budget.
- Maintain attendance files and records for all full time and part time Building Security Officers.
- Responsible for ensuring CCTV systems are running properly and contacting maintenance when necessary.
- Complete video reviews and investigations for companywide matters and legal issues.
- Review camera scopes of view and ensure 100% camera coverage in the building.
- Assist with legal depositions regarding video footage and investigations conducted.
- Functional understanding of CCure Access Control and link to CCTV systems.
- Check and accurately monitor daily payroll submissions.
- Work with People Practices regarding employee matters and regulations.
- Support ID Operations with updating card access, swipe reports, locking/unlocking doors and special projects.
- Maintain a key control inventory and management system and have new keys cut as needed.
- Position will report to Vice President Venue Security & collaborate with Chicago AGM on daily operational matters.
- Minimum 8 years of prior management experience in a large volume physical and electronic security role.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ Security/Operational management experience in a large venue; knowledge of high-level event operations, sports, or theatre operations within a sizeable entertainment venue.
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred
- Proven track record with implementation of electronic security measures and physical security measures is required.
- Significant experience with access control measures, screening operations, and VIP security is required.
- Proven track record in developing security plans, physical security assessments and risk assessments is essential.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams and building relationships is essential.
- Knowledge of local public assembly and fire codes required.
- Knowledge of fire evacuation procedures/drills and other contingency measures required.
- Experience working with city, state and federal agencies.
- Ability to engage and develop collaborative relationships and influence within team and across functions, even without direct reporting relationship
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationship with a diverse group
- Comfortable with managing conflict and responding to customer problems with a sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines
- Ability to hold team accountable for outcomes and monitor performance
- Successful track record of measuring improvements in customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring and developing staff to perform at high levels
- Proactive self-starter and able to work collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel to other locations as needed
- Demonstrated experience with alarm systems, video systems and access control systems
- Knowledge of Software House C-Cure 9000 Access Control System, video recorder applications, and CCTV networks.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
- Skilled at working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required. May have split days off.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( OH )