Assistant Head Groundskeeper
- Assist in planning, supervising and executing the maintenance of the stadium field, The Home Depot Backyard and stadium grounds.
- Instructs and supervises equipment operators on the proper operation and care of field and grounds equipment
- Assists in supervising stadium contractors
- Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation.
- Assists in employee safety training.
- Assists in daily scheduling and task management
- Participates in all types of sports field maintenance labor such as:
- Synthetic & Natural Grass Cultural/Maintenance Practices
- Painting/Paint Removal
- Field layout
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of equipment such as:
- P-Rex Paint removers
- 2-Cycle Equipment
- Skid steers
- Fork lifts
- Assists in creating and implementing Inclement Weather Protocols.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Assist other departments as required.
- Graduation from high school and minimum three (3) years experience in a related field.
- Must be able to obtain OSHA required Forklift Certification within 90 days of hire date. One (1) year experience in forklift operation preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 30+ pounds and ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- The characteristics listed below are representative of those that the employee must be able to successfully perform as part of the essential functions of this position.
- Working knowledge of field and grounds maintenance (natural grass & synthetic); working general knowledge of tools, supplies, equipment used in the maintenance of sports turf, stadiums and similar.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills
- Considerable knowledge of equipment operating principals and procedures. Considerable knowledge of hazards and safety precautions relating to equipment operation, loading and unloading of materials.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Ability to identify necessary equipment maintenance and repair; follow standard safety practice and procedures common to equipment operation work; follow written and verbal instruction; and to maintain accurate records with basic knowledge of mathematical conversions.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports & Entertainment Company