Assistant AD for Marketing
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378479
This University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant AD of Marketing.
A complete application will include an online resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
- Thorough knowledge of program activity and best practices. Knowledge/understanding of current sports marketing tactics, partnership integration, promotional strategies, student engagement tactics and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement marketing and promotional strategies to help increase attendance and revenue, as well as enhance the fan experience and game day atmosphere for home contests.
- Proven skills in developing marketing materials used for promotion, advertising, fund raising, etc. Ability to supervise and direct marketing and promotional strategies for designated events and programs sponsored by the University.
- Thorough knowledge of project planning, managing, and budgeting. Ability to create budget forecasting and project wrap-up reports and analysis.
- Ability to develop annual and multi-year marketing plans for all 23 intercollegiate athletic sport programs sponsored by the University.
- Skills in Psychographic profiling; Data mining; Calculation of Reach, CPI, Conversion and response rates; and Calculation of ROI for marketing initiatives.
- Strong problem-solving and multi-task skills, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment. Ability to identify and implement methods, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to use good judgment for problem solving. Ability to analyze data and situations and provide recommendations based on findings; ability to be proactive to avoid potential problems.
- Solid ability to convey technical information and provide guidelines in a clear and professional manner, using diplomacy, tact and discretion in all interactions.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Skills to communicate and interact with persons of diverse backgrounds and personalities. Ability to convey technical information and provide guidelines in a clear and professional manner, using diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, InDesign, etc.). Proficiency in utilizing social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc, and strategies to leverage these channels.
- Strong supervisory skills, including ability to train, motivate, and evaluate student employees, interns and volunteers; to delegate tasks; to schedule sufficient staffing for simultaneous athletic events based on knowledge of all schedules and the needs for sporting events.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with various campus and community constituencies. Strong written, research, editing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills. Skills to communicate and interact with persons of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Follow the athletic philosophy consistent with that of the Athletic Department and NCAA, and a commitment to diversity in all of its forms.
- Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
- A valid driver's license is required. May participate in the DMV Pull program and maintain a clean DMV record.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: