Assistant Athletic Trainer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378556
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides athletic training services for the College's athletic department
- Attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competition.
- Coordinates and schedules medical referrals
- Assists student wellness center with physical examinations and health screenings.
- Works cooperatively with the Student Wellness Center and the team physician.
- Evaluates and recommends new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Evaluates acute and chronic injuries.
- Provides first aid and initial care of sports injuries.
- Makes recommendations for immediate care, and level of continued participation
- Coordinates and facilitates appropriate medical referrals as necessary.
- Prescribes and administers therapeutic modalities for the treatment of injuries.
- Prescribes and supervises rehabilitation exercises
- Applies bandaging and padding
- Assures records are kept of all significant injuries, medical conditions and medical histories.
- Teaches CPR class for coaches, student training room assistants, and athletic training staff.
- Coordinates athletic injury insurance claims.
- Provides basic information and initial counseling for athletes with nutrition concerns.
- Assists with the orientation and training of student training room assistants.
- Evaluates and provides first aid and initial management for non-athletes through the Student Wellness Center.
Education and Experience Required
- Master's degree in sports medicine or a related field
- 2-5 years' experience as collegiate athletic trainer
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region School