Job Duties, Lead Audio (A1):
• Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
• Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing, down mixing and operation of associated support equipment.
• Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
• Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: SSL audio console, RTS AZ Edit intercom system and programming, audio server, routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems.
• Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
• Pro-actively, and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should anything require repair or replacement.
• Execute clean monitor mix for local talent and production while maintaining superb quality of the main mix output for final air distribution.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
• One to two years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred
• Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems, MADI router, Sony Wireless Studio & ENCO audio servers a plus
• Configuration knowledge and management of the RTS AZ Edit software.
• Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports & Entertainment Company
Northeastern University Athletics Department