Assistant Athletic Director for Development
- Manages and participates in specific fundraising activities for the athletics department.
- Develops strategies to expand philanthropic and external support for the department resulting in contributions, and proposes annual goals and objectives.
- Approximately 70% of work time will be devoted to fundraising activities.
- 30% devoted to administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps create and lead a coordinated program of fundraising initiatives that result in increased contributions to athletics.
- Researches, cultivates and solicits gift prospects and ensures donors receive proper stewardship and benefits.
- Conducts a minimum of 20 quality in-person donor visits per month.
- Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 200 donors.
- Assist in overseeing full-time development staff as well as student workers and volunteers.
- Creates strategies and plans for increasing the number of donors to the department’s annual fund.
- Develops tactics to escalate current donors to higher levels of giving.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends with willingness to travel.
- Work with sports programs, head coaches and sports administrators to ensure sport-specific fundraising initiatives are successful.
- Recognizes opportunities to identify and cultivate new gift prospects and implements plans to do so.
- Assists in preparing and/or directing the creation of fundraising marketing and communication materials.
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence, make decisions, solve problems and adapt to shifting priorities and responsibilities.
- Helps coordinate and communicate with the university’s development and alumni relations departments as well as other campus units.
- Works to build relationships and goodwill within the community, helping to cultivate new fans and donors.
- Records donor contact and communications in university’s prospect management system.
- Helps and takes part in various donor activities on specific sporting events.
- Collaborate with the assistant director of development – events and stewardship to develop, plan and operationalize donor events.
- Assists in regular department communications with donors.
- Must possess strong communication skills).
- Experience in customer service and effective problem solving.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
- Compiles and submits reports as required by management, state, local, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Complies with all State and University policies.
- Bachelor's Degree and three years of related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Occasional traveling.
- At least 2 years of managing a donor portfolio or personally working with donors is preferred.•
- Minimum of 2 years working in college athletics is preferred
- Demonstrated success in sales, philanthropic fundraising, and project management is preferred.
- Experienced relationship builder with proven communication skills and the ability to be responsive, resourceful, and relationship-oriented is preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Professional Basketball Team
Sports Management Network
Sports & Entertainment