Head Athletic Trainer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378936
- Tasked with overseeing the day-to-day operations in the team's training room to ensure players are receiving the best possible care.
- Provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for players’ medical issues.
- Reports to the Director, Sports Performance and works closely with team physicians and staff in strength and conditioning, coaching, nutrition, media relations, and analytics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Run the day-to-day operations of the training room.
- Provide athletic training and oversee onsite care and management of player injuries and illnesses.
- Work closely with Director, Sports Performance and team physicians to report on players.
- Coordinate and implement injury prevention programs and customized preventative strategies for each player.
- Supervise and support training staff to ensure smoothly functioning training room to ensure optimal player health and performance.
- Responsible for documentation of all player treatments into EMR daily.
- Monitor ABC’s, CPR, First Aid and other interventions.
- Assist the Director, Sports Performance with evaluation of venders of equipment and technology.
- Help to identify products that would be valuable for players.
- Maintain inventory and required materials to supply and operate the training room.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or similar field (required).
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or similar field (preferred).
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) required.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications required.
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) (preferred).
- Minimum of five years of work experience as a Head Athletic Trainer or equivalent experience.
- Experience with NBA teams or collegiate basketball teams preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of large range of medical problems and appropriate treatment options for such issues.
- Proficient in managing and executing emergency medical care.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions.
- Must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks as needed.
- Must be thorough and detailed with injury tracking and documentation.
- Excellent organization, data collection, and planning skills.
Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situations when talking to athletes, medical professionals.
- Ability to run an effective team and manage different personalities and skill sets from a staff and player perspective.
- Up to 60% of the time: All preseason, regular season, and post season away games, as well as Classic and Summer League games
- Occasional other travel required
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
West Region School