Strength & Conditioning Coach/Olympic Sports
- Responsible for directing strength and conditioning, nutrition and sports performance programming for a variety of Olympic Sports programs.
- Work cooperatively and in conjunction with the Sports Medicine staff to design and implement quality year-round strength and conditioning programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with coaches and Sports Medicine staff to plan, organize, implement and supervise a successful year-round sport-specific strength training and conditioning program.
- Assist varsity student-athletes with rehabilitation programs prescribed and designed by physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers from the Sports Medicine staff.
- Assist in the planning of healthy dietary choices for student-athletes.
- Bachelors Degree required,.
- CSCS or CSCCa certification required.
- CPR and AED Certification required.
- 3+ years experience in strength and conditioning at the collegiate or professional level or related work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in administering a successful strength and conditioning program at the collegiate level.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must be proficient in the instruction, assessment, evaluation and supervision of multiple weight lifting techniques.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess significant knowledge of weight training and conditioning equipment.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.
- Masters Degree preferred (Physical Education, Physiology, Sport Science, or related field)
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Early morning, evening, and weekend hours required based upon student-athlete and team schedules.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Significant time standing.
CPR and AED certifications must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region University
Northeast Region School