Head Men's Tennis Coach
- Responsible for the duties normally associated with a Division I head coach including:
- Prospect evaluation
- Student-athlete academic achievement
- Student-athlete conduct and welfare
- Compliance with the NCAA, conference & institutional rules
- Budgetary control
- Public relations
- Development activities
- Overall affective performance of the student-athletes and coaching staff
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, to include counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, sportsmanship and personal matters.
- Operate a program that is fiscally responsible and balances its budget.
- Develop a competitively successful team which represents IUPUI positively and responsibly, and which provides student-athletes the opportunity for a positive experience.
- Represent the team, department and university in a positive, professional and ethical manner
- Be appropriately responsive to media, marketing, fundraising and community service requests.
- Exhibit professionalism in a manner, which is consistent with the missions and goals of the university, conference, and the NCAA.
- Exhibit positive coaching techniques.
- Perform recruiting duties.
- Coach is expected to comply fully with all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Active engagement with former student-athletes, community members, and athletics staff to develop a comprehensive engagement, marketing, and fundraising plan.
- Serve as a visible presence on campus to engage with students, faculty, and staff outside of athletics.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and two years of coaching experience or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver's license with the ability to be insured by the university.
- Must maintain certifications in CPR, first aid, and AED.
- Must be certified by the NCAA on an annual basis to recruit and understand all policies related to recruiting.
- Excellent organizational skills including.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Understand and comply with NCAA, conference, and university rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge, skill and ability in the sport.
- Coaching experience at the Division I level is preffered.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: