Specialist Event Safety and Security
- Provides direct support and supervision to Event Security Supervisors and Event Security Officers
- Responsible for assisting the Manager, Event & Practice Facility, Safety and Security in implementing, maintaining, and updating security policies, programs, procedures and systems designed to protect all internal and external assets.
- Serves as a Security Manager on Duty for 150 + events per year.
- Maintains Event Security Supervisors and Event Security Officers schedules and approves employee time records.
- Ensures adequate coverage for all event shifts.
- Sources, hires and develop Event Security Supervisors and Event Security Officers.
- Assigns, directs and trains staff regarding their assignments while monitoring and evaluating work performance.
- Rewards and disciplines employees by initiating positive feedback or taking corrective actions and/or disciplinary procedures.
- Conduct briefings for each event to ensure that assigned officers are prepared for their assigned post and receive all necessary training and information.
- Setting an example of proficiency and exemplary behavior for all Event Security Supervisors and Event Security Officers on your shift.
- Supervises assigned Event Security Supervisors and Event Security Officers and other staff in accordance with the Event Security Policy and Procedures Manual while addressing complaints and resolving any problems that arise.
- Ensure department briefing sheets, deployment sheets, reports, equipment inventory, preventative maintenance are accurately maintained for each event.
- Assists in the development of Security policies and procedures and training programs for all Event Security Supervisors and Event Security Officers.
- Responsible for being organized and having his/her staff prepared in all aspects of venue security.
- Must be flexible and available as needed to support the needs of each event.
- Establishes, cultivates and maintains effective relationships with management, peers, outside agencies and subordinates.
- Assist with Emergency preparedness and instructs safety and security training classes for internal and external departments.
- 2-4 year college degree required.
- Five years of Security Supervisory experience in Security/Law Enforcement.
- Clear background check.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and computer skill.
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs and software.
- Effective and efficient leadership skills requiring tact, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Experience in personnel management and customer service.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays; as well as extended hours.
- Must be physically able to demonstrate proficiency with all security equipment.
- Obtain and keep current First Aid Certification and pass written tests related to security policies and procedures on an annual basis.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Martial Arts Organization