Assistant Director of Outdoor Adventures and Sport Clubs
- Design, plan, and implement student-led Outdoor Adventures programming.
- Plan, facilitate, and execute Outdoor Adventures programming, including evening, overnight and multi-day trips.
- Provide and train others to ensure safe transportation of participants and student staff to and from events in university vehicles.
- Hire, select, supervise, motivate, mentor, and evaluate student employees.
- Ensure student and professional staff maintain current certifications in CPR/First Aid and program specific certifications.
- Manage equipment inventory and repair.
- Assist in writing program manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as primary contact for sport clubs.
- Provide assistance with marketing, travel, fundraising, facilities scheduling, and club operations.
- Conduct monthly Sport Clubs officer/captain meetings.
- Manage sport clubs documentation, including: Funding Request, Travel Forms, and Reimbursement Requests.
- Collect and track relevant information for clubs, including rosters, participation numbers, and results.
- Assist in administration, advisement, and development of current and future sport clubs.
- Assist with sports club budget development, tracking, and allocation process
- Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Current First Aid, CPR & AED certification or certification within 90 days of hire.
- Prior working experience in the management of a variety of outdoor recreation programs including both land and water-based activities and trips of various lengths.
- Proven ability to manage projects and deliver results.
- Ability to think critically and present information.
- Knowledge in the management of a wide variety of collegiate outdoor recreation programs.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports & Entertainment