Team Social Media Editor
About the Role
The Social Media Editor is responsible for creating and programming social media content for the followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and more.
- Manage company's day-to-day social media content and activities for all of the team’s social platforms.
- Maintain brand presence on existing social media networks, including content and visual updates as needed.
- Provide real-time platform coverage during live games and events, including news posts, video clips, GIFs and more.
- Directly engage with other team accounts, players, media members, influencers, partners and more via social media platforms, fostering engagement and conversation.
- Strategize and develop effective social campaigns for internal and third-party initiatives, including sponsored executions.
- Develop original social-based editorial features such as themed Instagram Stories, Twitter Moments, Facebook Watch episodic content, slideshows, etc.
- Support and proactively ideate for new emerging features on existing platforms.
- Interface and liaise with platform partners.
- Perform content moderation duties for fan-submitted content, ensuring that the content is meeting standards as shown in arena or on-air.
- Monitor activity and social chatter for potential news leads for editorial team.
- Keep current with news, teams, rosters, fan bases, brands and products.
- Remain informed and familiar with social/digital content trends.
- Track analytics and use data to make informed strategy suggestions.
- Communicate with league social team to coordinate content plans and establish a style guide/tone.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social media editing and channel management.
- Extraordinary problem solving and project management capabilities.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to work non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends during games and live TV programming.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Impeccable grammar and diction required.
- Passion for emerging media trends and technology, including social platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of football (formations, X’s and O’s, terminology, history, etc.)
- Passion for pop culture.
- Expertise in paid social media campaigns and execution.
- Experience with social media content management systems.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Basketball Team (NBA)
Athletic Department (FL)