Head of Business Operations
The Head of Business Operations will oversee all business operations for Counter Logic Gaming (CLG). The Head of Business Operations will have day-to-day responsibility for the team’s P&L, business strategy and operations, and coordination with Marketing and Sponsorship.
This role will also be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for maximizing business performance, launching new business initiatives and driving fan engagement. S/he will also manage relationships with all major publishers and leagues across the esports industry.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- P&L Ownership
- Manage daily business operations, with the primary goals of growing team profitability and fan engagement
- Coordinate closely with Marketing, Sponsorship, Finance, Legal and People Practices to maximize business collaboration and growth
- Work closely with Head of Sports on annual strategy setting and budgeting, monthly reporting, and ad hoc business requests.
- Oversee streaming strategy for players, staff and influencers
- Negotiate new streaming deals, domestically and internationally
- Manage streaming team on monthly basis to meet contract and revenue goals
- Develop a merchandise strategy, including which products to sell, pricing and approach for selling them
- Manage the relationship(s) with CLG’s merchandise vendor(s)
- Work with marketing to develop merchandise lines tied to esports calendar / team seasons
- Work with business to set merchandise goals and revenue targets
- League Revenues
- Maintain relationships with leagues and negotiate agreements
- Evaluate new league opportunities and analyze the short- and long-term viability of participating in those leagues
- Develop and nurture a compelling brand that resonates with esports fans globally, leveraging social and digital media content to communicate with fans
- Support Marketing Partnerships team on new partnership opportunities
- Assist with negotiations for new and existing partnerships
- With team, manage partner activation and ensure team is tracking towards KPIs and revenue goals
- New Revenue Initiatives
- Develop strategies and tactics for launching new revenue streams
- Present strategies and tactics to executives for approval
- Execute on new revenue streams and deliver against revenue goals
- Track new initiative’s progress and report results to executives
- 7+ years’ experience with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role in a corporate environment
- Experience managing a P&L and operating a business
- Strong executive presence and proven leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
- Ability to understand and successfully take charge of difficult organizational problems and to formulate/drive appropriate solutions
- Strategic thinking skills coupled with strong tactical execution
- Creative thinker with strong conceptualization and ideation skills
- Experience in Sports or Esports Industry
- Experience with budgeting processes
- Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
- Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Catholic High School (CA)