Event Set-Up Full-Time
- Broad background in building or public facility maintenance.
- Working knowledge of tasks required to be performed in the move-in, set-up and tear down of an event.
- Perform the following duties:
- Event set-up, tables, chairs, risers, carpet, traffic management, operating fork lifts/high lifts and power jacks.
- Vacuum, box removal, trash compacting as schedule requires.
- Position reports to the Director of Operations, Event Services Manager or Event Manager on Duty (MOD).
Event Set Up
- Extensive walking throughout the facility and facility grounds.
- Lift moderate to heavy amounts of weight.
- Push equipment carts, door panels and staging/step units.
- Maintain an irregular work schedule as required by the Director of Operations.
- Duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Operations, Event Services Manager or Event Manager on Duty.
- Interface with all building personnel as well as clients, customers and exhibitors.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and requirements for the Department.
- Cleaning composition floors, carpet, glass, and stainless steel, painted surfaces, porcelain, chromed surfaces, plastic surfaces, mirrors, quarry tile, concrete and woodwork.
- Policing meeting rooms, public areas and restroom areas.
- Use and maintenance of both small and large vacuum cleaners.
- Familiar with causes of breakdown on equipment and the ability to do light repairs.
- Use of large floor machine for cleaning concrete surfaces.
- Walking, standing, sitting.
- Stooping and lifting objects.
- Implementation of basic cleaning methods in the maintenance of exterior grounds and interior areas.
- Completion of tasks assigned in compliance with basic safety guidelines.
- Perform grounds maintenance during inclement weather.
- Completion of tasks and daily assignments as assigned in a cooperative manner.
- One to three years experience in an event set-up or related position.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in the field of building maintenance as to equipment operation and applicable performance techniques in agreement with building codes and requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate basic set-up techniques with a working knowledge of set-up principles, procedures and equipment use.
- Ability to demonstrate applied maintenance/custodial techniques regarding cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring physical strength and perform reasonably heavy labor.
- Ability to operate heavy mechanized equipment.
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions accurately.
- Experienced in the fields of carpentry, painting and the operation of warehouse equipment and or custodial equipment helpful.
- Flexible schedule/hours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Martial Arts Organization