- Involves the evaluation, management and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, including injury prevention training, for athletes on intercollegiate and/or sports club teams.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced athletic training professional with a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Work an irregular schedule which includes some night, weekend, and travel hours to accommodate for the varying athletics schedules.
- Requires a person to work autonomously often with sound decision-making, critical-thinking skills, and advanced knowledge of rehabilitation and therapy skills in order to manage student-athlete injuries.
- Requires a person to have strong communication and organizational skills in order to help administer an athletic training program.
- Bachelor's degree in a CAATE accredited athletic training education program.
- Computer skills in programs relevant to job duties.
- Thorough skills associated with athletic injury prevention and the administration of therapeutic modalities, devices, and rehabilitation techniques, and of first-aid, athletic equipment, and injury assessment and treatment.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive matters involving athletic injuries and treatments.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic medical records systems.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the State of California.
- Able to participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pull notice program.
- Must be BOC certified and in good standing.
- Must have current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications.
- Must have at least 1 year post-graduate experience in athletic training.
- This position requires passing a pre-employment criminal history background check.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
West Region School