Operations Specialist, Men's Basketball
The Operations Specialist reports to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for the coordination and organization of the day-to-day operation of the men’s basketball program.
Assists the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in all phases of the daily operations and promotion of a Division I intercollegiate men’s basketball program. Please note, this position is scheduled to work 10 ½ months each year, scheduled over 12 months. All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience in basketball (collegiate playing, coaching or operations); Division I experience preferred.
- Excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience planning and organizing team travel preferred.
- Attention to detail and communication skills (written and verbal) skills preferred.
- Experience planning and organizing basketball team travel.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, alumni, colleagues and the public.
- Strong commitment to the welfare of student-athletes.
- Ability to independently coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to compliance with, NCAA, and University rules and regulations in regard to operations.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to University prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School