Associate Athletic Director for Major Gifts
- This progressive fundraiser possesses expertise regarding personal solicitation and fundraising overall.
- Position reports to the Sr. Associate Athletics Director of Development and does not have any direct reports.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospects, steward’s donors, and works with alumni and other key constituents.
- Assist in major athletic fundraising campaigns, premium seating solicitation, special projects and higher level annual fund gifts
- Responsible for meeting annual personal fundraising goals.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects which are mostly at the level of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Creates compelling proposals to donors that effectively make the case for support, and provides guidance to Intercollegiate Athletics on personal solicitation of annual and major gifts, and other development and fundraising matters.
- Support prospect engagement and involvement efforts related to cultivation and fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of three years of philanthropy experience within higher education/athletics.
The Successful Candidate will Possess
- Experience in a comprehensive campaign environment and with building a campaign.
- Ability to have direct contact with donors and prospects.
- Significant presence at athletic events and external functions to accomplish department fundraising objectives with a primary focus on major gifts.
- Collaborate with coaches, athletic administration, university advancement and external constituents to support department goals.
- Coordinate all aspects of Men’s Basketball Restricted fundraising initiatives.
- Supervise and mentor Development staff responsible for other sport-specific giving.
- Serve as an Ambassador for Athletics and the University.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Soccer Marketing (IL)
Sports & Entertainment