Head Athletic Trainer and Wellness Position
This position has been filled - Job#: 453379726
- Full-time, 10-month position.
- Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act and with school and athletic schedules.
- Responsible for working with the teams, assistant athletic trainer, and a team physician and athletic department.
- The Head Athletic Trainer is part of the Athletic Department and reports to the Athletic Director.
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the Masters, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes of the sports medical program.
- Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room.
- Recordkeeping, documentation, incident reports and a daily treatment log.
- Provide athletic training services for the Masters athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with the Wellness Program staff to ensure the implementation and education of fitness, nutrition and conditioning to meet our individual student needs.
- Assist Athletic Director and CFO in the development of the sports medical program budget.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance and benefit our athletes performance and or recovery.
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athletes medically ineligible to compete due to injury.
- Refer ill/injured athletes to health services/ team physicians regarding care.
- Apply and record concussion testing for all athletes prior to participation.
- Will participate within the Masters Wellness seminar program.
- Assist the athletic director as requested.
- Develop and implement emergency actions plans pertaining to athletic injuries and events
- Communicate effectively with parents, athletes, coaches, health office and administration.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the School physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests and when need away contests.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and treatments.
- Maintain a budget for the athletic training program.
- Participate in the scheduling of sports physicals when needed.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Training.
- Athletic Training experience in both men’s and women’s athletic teams preferred.
- NATA certification and eligibility of NY state Licensure required.
- Experience with Athletic Training for multiple sports.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Possess a basic understanding of Excel, Word and Outlook.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Health Facility
Northeast Region School