Broadcasting and Communications Coordinator
- Serve as the primary voice and presence for the team while having oversight of the department’s external programming on radio and digital platforms.
- Work directly with communications on all levels, creating key content.
- Reports directly to the President.
- Serve as the primary radio play-by-play voice.
- Serve as the host for any digital productions such as, podcasts, digital feature segments, etc.
- Work with the team on identifying and building relationships with current and potential media partners for radio and digital platforms.
- Serve as a local/regional liaison for media partners (radio and television).
- Ensure consistent messaging and sponsorship opportunities across all platforms.
- Assist in the creation of in-house produced commercial/radio spots.
- Serve as an additional touch point on all communications-based needs (stats, transactions, etc.).
- Serve as host/emcee for post-game interviews, media days, and press conferences.
- Responsible for development and distribution of all press releases regarding hockey and front office operations.
- Minimum of two plus years as the play-by-play personality in a mix of athletic radio and television.
- Demonstrated experience working with a sports radio network .
- Knowledge of internet-based (OTT) broadcasts and production.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing software; Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro and After Effects).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various constituencies and diverse groups.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Experience supervising full-time employees preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: