- Responsible for coordinating and administering sports medicine services to all middle and upper school student-athletes including: Injury prevention, evaluation, management, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Will be NATABOC certified, registered as an Athletic Trainer in New York State, and hold AED, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- The athletic trainer will report to the athletic director.
- Administer Baseline Concussion testing to all athletes prior to competition.
- Adhere to and administer Return to Play protocols.
- Manage Student-Athlete medical records.
- Function as a liaison and foster an environment of communication and collaboration between physicians, athletes, parents, athletic director, school nurse, and administration.
- Work with coaches in establishing and evolving injury prevention.
- Work with coaches on pre-season, in season, and postseason routines that can assist in injury prevention as well as strength and conditioning.
- Maintain and operate the athletic training room.
- Perform inventory of athletic training equipment and supplies.
- Make recommendations for the modification or purchase of new equipment and supplies.
- Provide game coverage for all home athletic events and work with local ATC services to arrange game coverage when there is more than one home game in one location.
- Set up of water and medical supplies for all practices and games.
- Participate and assist with the operations and activities of the Athletic Department.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Maintain coaches certifications in AED, CPR, and First Aid.
- Along with the Athletic Director, develop a system for post game notification of injuries.
- BS degree in Athletic Training or related field of study (MS preferred).
- BOC Certified
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in athletic training preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED Certification.
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
- New York State Licensure Certification.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superior skills as a teammate and colleague.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Health Facility
Northeast Region University