Instructor in Coaching (Initial Assignment: Assistant Baseball Coach)
- This applicant pool will be used to fill a part-time Assistant Baseball Coach vacancy at the College to begin during the Fall 2019 semester.
- Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance; evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season.
- Assist in planning and scheduling competitions, tournaments, and events in collaboration with coaches within and outside of the conference and in concert with academic schedules.
- Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities; demonstrate techniques of movement and body mechanics that prevent injuries; provide immediate assistance to injured student-athletes; document injuries and submit record-keeping reports as required.
- Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information.
- Assist with the recruiting process in compliance with CCCAA regulations to identify and attract promising student-athletes; provide referrals to prospective student-athletes to academic and student services as appropriate; maintain contact with prospective student-athletes and provide prompt follow-up to inquiries from potential student-athletes.
- Assist in developing the subject sport team budget and managing expenses to ensure expenditures remain within approved funding levels.
- Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements.
- Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program.
- Provide work direction to others.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience,
- any associate degree and six years of professional experience
- the equivalent*
- possession of an appropriate Community College Credential
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,023 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Youth Baseball & Softball
Community College (CA)
Private College (CA)