Associate Head Athletic Trainer
- 12-month position
- Primary responsibility for managing the Athletic Training for the Football program and other assigned sports.
- Provide medical care and health education to ensure the safety of, reduce the risk of injury to, and guide the rehabilitation of student-athletes under the guidance of the Director of Sports Medicine.
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine and support another Associate Head Athletic Trainer, with the management of the sports medicine program, including assisting with supervision and direction of athletic training staff and administrative responsibilities.
- All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, League and ECAC rules and regulations.
- Any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties.
- Employees in coaching positions are required to maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- RI Athletic Training License required (to be obtained prior to hire date).
- NATABOC Certification required.
- Maintain NATABOC Certification Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every reporting period, as required.
- 4-6 years of relevant athletic training experience required.
- Experience with football required.
- Appropriate Emergency Cardiac Care certification as required by the BOC.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling.
- Frequent reaching, handling, talking, hearing, seeing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and motivate student-athletes.
- Strong work ethic, passion for the profession and commitment to student-athletes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be a positive member of a team.
- Knowledge with computers and its programs, telephones and printers.
- Must complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to the university prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Health Facility
Northeast Region University