- Provides optimal operation and cleanliness of the ice plant refrigeration.
- Position fulfills all other engineering roles and duties as assigned.
- Maintain optimal operation and cleanliness of Ice plant including but not limited to: adapting plant operation to building needs; recording and keeping adequate supplies in stock.
- Maintain ice at NHL/AHL caliber level including resurfacing, edging and maintaining depth.
- Maintain safe and playable boards and glass by inspecting and repairing boards/kick plates, glass poles and all doors.
- Monitoring and regenerating de-ionized water systems by recording pH levels daily.
- Keeping adequate supplies in stock and regenerate system with proper use of safety equipment.
- Inspect and maintain ice equipment daily, monthly and annually.
- Coordinate with blade sharpener to schedule blade sharpening’s.
- Operate ice equipment.
- Schedule part time staff for ice maintenance.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance and repair of plant equipment and auxiliary systems; recommends operational methods and procedures.
- Operates diesel powered electrical generator to provide emergency electrical power during power outages or curtailment.
- Participates in the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, minor electrical and plumbing repairs to expedite the return of equipment or auxiliary systems to operational status.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and auxiliary systems; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls.
- Track daily productivity via allocation sheets, daily logs and micro main.
- Communicate arrival, location and departure with lead engineer.
- Clearly, effectively and timely communicate work issues with staff
- Blows down the boilers to lower the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids of the water and to check the low water cutoff and automatic controls.
- Makes chemical tests of boiler feed water to determine its’ alkalinity, chlorides, hardness and pH level, and to prevent scaling, pitting of boiler tubes and buildup of sludge deposits.
- Repairs boilers, water pumps, fans and motors and replaces defective parts in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
- Provide timely and effective communication with management and staff on building needs
- Performs some, but less than the full range of supervisory functions.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- Must possess overall knowledge of Cimco ice plant refrigeration package.
- Demonstrated knowledge in all aspects of ice construction, maintenance, and demolition.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Possession of, or ability to attain, a valid drivers license.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have availability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Professional Baseball Team