- Lead in driving increasing distribution, revenue, and profits from the sale of official merchandise, predominantly via official channels.
- Essential relationships must be cultivated to ensure they are engaged and challenged to perform at their peak as well as with adidas and with the licensing team at MLS, to ensure a compelling and commercial range of product is developed to be sold to our fans.
- Individual will also work closely with the licensing and retail team in Manchester / London to share best practice, information and learning.
- Own budget and maximize retail revenue and profitability across Legends (in stadium), Fanatics (ecommerce), mobile merch and other ad hoc opportunities.
- Own retail calendar for product releases, promotions, etc. and communicate proactively with cross-functional team to support.
- Manage the relationship with adidas from a product development and ordering point of view on their licensed product range, including the approval process for kits and training wear, as well as leading kit launches, working closely with the Partnerships team who will deliver their rights.
- Manage the relationship with Legends and Fanatics to optimize sales by ensuring appropriate product mix, in-stock position, shopping experience, customer service, and marketing.
- Work closely with MLS licensing team and MLS official licensees to ensure fan-centric product is developed and sales are maximized across channels.
- Proactively seek new opportunities, with other retailers or pop-up stores, in partnership with MLS retail team.
- Manage, track, and process purchase orders, requisitions, and invoices for all functions, including working with equipment manager for First Team and Academy.
- Run reports and conduct business reviews and benchmarking to track performance across retailers/channels vs. budget, make optimizations and provide leadership updates.
- Provide input into new soccer specific stadium retail requirements.
- Ensure retail functions in compliance with Club policies and health and safety procedures.
- Identify and capitalize on trends in the sports retail landscape.
- Partner with cross-functional team to maintain consistency with Brand Book, collect fan input and ensure marketing support to drive awareness and sales.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in sports retail, ecommerce and / or licensing.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power point.
- Strong merchandising skills.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritize.
- Proactive and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Offers a dedicated and flexible can-do approach.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work autonomously.
- Attend home games and events, working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends, as required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Sports & Entertainment
Professional Men's Soccer