Manager, Strategy, Analytics and Marketing
Position Overview: The Manager of Strategy, Analytics and Marketing (“SAM”) will play a critical role in bringing together what are currently three distinct functions - Strategic Consulting & Research; Analytics; and Marketing (both internal and external).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager will develop a synergistic department and be responsible for successful execution across the following functions:Strategic Consulting and Research
- Assume project leadership for both quantitative and qualitative research projects for sport property client partners.
- Conduct thorough analysis along with the Research Coordinator to uncover key strategic insights using sophisticated statistical tools to provide rigor and high degree of accuracy. Utilize results to create strategic and tactical recommendations for client partners.
- Lead the development of reports and presentation decks that tell a compelling story and that achieve maximum client buy-in and implementation of the recommendations.
- Stay on top of industry/category trends and develop cutting-edge industry studies that position as the market leader.
- Present at industry conferences and publish research in relevant industry publications and journals.
- Collaborate with senior management in the development of consumer insights and new offerings where appropriate.
- Facilitate internal ideation sessions as appropriate.Performance Analytics
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A master’s degree is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is required in Market Research, Statistics, Marketing, Psychology, Economics or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in directing, motivating, leading and mentoring others.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Sports Industry.
- 3-5 years of experience as a market researcher or related position - ideally client-facing with extensive client partner interaction and presentation experience.
- Knowledge of market research processes with an ability to design research methodologies to solve complex business problems.
- Experience with questionnaire-building software.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis including both quantitative and qualitative data and experience with statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS, R, Python or similar capabilities.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools, Tableau experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Expertise regarding data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of effective marketing and social media practices.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and in teams.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. up to 25% of time.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) proficiency is critical.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: