Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Responsible for assisting the Head Athletics Trainer in all aspects of providing emergency care, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, counseling and conditioning to all athletes.
- Assist in the training room management and oversight.
- Provides first aid, emergency care, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, counseling and conditioning to varsity athletes in and out of season for 21 intercollegiate teams.
- Administers first aid and emergency care to varsity athletes within the scopes of practices, games, treatment and training room times.
- Initiates effective communication among coaches, student athletes, administrators, student trainers, physicians, additional medical staff and the Dean of Students office.
- Makes decisions on the playability of the athlete and return to play protocol.
- Game/Event Coverage
- Assists with scheduling and supervising student workers and medical staff coverage in the training room and at all practices and home contests.
- Develops and updates daily injury reports.
- Works in collaboration with the head athletic trainer and part-time assistant trainer.
- Ensures that the proper care of the student athlete is conducted, referrals are timely, and that documentation of all injuries, follow ups and treatments are completed on a daily and timely basis.
- Training Room
- Assists with the oversight of the training room and stadium and ensures that the facility is clean, organized and provides a healthy atmosphere for the care of student athletes.
- Evaluates and checks playing conditions, field conditions, and weather conditions for safety and "playable" circumstances.
- Responsible for the certification and maintenance of the AED's located in the center, athletic training room, outdoor athletic complex and mobile units on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure activation and supplies are intact.
- Screens and clears athletes for participation.
- Reviews and evaluates physical forms, health history, testing and insurance paperwork for medical clearance to participate.
- Follows up with the appropriate medical personnel to address any required testing/paperwork.
- Provides sound fiscal management of the athletic budget and the incorporation of sound financial practices.
- Assists with the receiving and organization of purchased supplies and equipment for the training room and tracking of inventory for the pre-season and academic year.
- Oversees the supply and refilling of first aid kits and equipment at all games and practices scheduled, provides first aid kit for LC front desk.
- Medical Follow-up
- Counsels and advises coaches and athletes on matters pertaining to conditioning, nutrition, rehabilitation, steroids, drugs, alcohol, supplements and all matters concerning the general health of the student athlete.
- Refers students to medical personnel or counselors as needed.
- Designs, implements and evaluates rehabilitation programs for student athletes.
- Represents the college and its athletics program with honesty, integrity and sportsmanship at all times, to various institutional programs and students, parents, the general public, alumni and external agencies.
- Develops a positive, professional relationship with officials, league personnel, and coaching colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 1-3 Years of successful collegiate experience required.
- Must be NATA Certified, CPR, First Aid and AED trained and certified.
- Knowledgeable in practice and training modes, competitive strategies and effective, sustained, and results oriented recruiting program.
- Creates a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes involved in the program.
- Effective teaching methods and excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, parents and alumni from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work within the framework of college policies, MIAC regulations, and NCAA Division III philosophy and rules.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
School ( TX )
Central Region School
Central Region School
Central Region University
University ( WI )