- Responsible for ensuring the team creates accurate and timely financial records for the Club.
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly/daily financial reporting, and will assist with cash flow planning, operational budgeting, monitoring, and continual improvement.
- Assists with all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts/budgets, annual and monthly financial statements and other accounting reports and projects as necessary.
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries.
- Perform weekly reconciliations with Archtics, Ticketmaster, Global Pay, Authorize.net, Amex, and others.
- Analyze transactions originating both inside and outside of the general ledger to ensure proper accounting treatment, classification, completeness and cutoff.
- Perform and report monthly balance sheet and cash reconciliations to ensure company assets and liabilities are properly, correctly and completely accounted for.
- Prepare and provide accurate daily cash reporting.
- Manage all aspects of fixed asset tracking approval and classification.
- Participate in the month-end close process, perform monthly duties assigned to facilitate timely close, including reporting.
- Manage weekly cash/waterfall deposit reporting and movements for external banks.
- Accountable for League financial and gameday reporting.
- Identify and develop reporting and help establish and track key metrics.
- Assist in preparation of audit requests as needed.
- Perform special research and projects for the general ledger as required.
- Prepare and complete reports and projects as requested on an ad-hoc basis.
- Accurate create and distribute all club invoices.
- Provide input to ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy.
- Work closely with Corporate Partnerships department and sponsors on invoicing, recognizing revenue, budgeting, commissions and scheduling of revenues.
- Book, report and create all non-league events by liaise with multiple teams as well as external parties to ensure an accurate and timely event settlement process.
- Book ticketing, sponsorship, merchandise, concession revenue and any other types of revenue across multiple legal entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2+ years of experience within the accounting field; CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Accounting Seed, Archtics and banking systems strongly preferred.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of accounting principles/practices, internal controls, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to prepare, organize and analyze complex financial information.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proven flexibility with changing priorities; ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time manage workload.
- Curiosity, Tenacity, Precision, and Process are considered valuable attributes for this role.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and at different levels within and outside the organization.
- An encouraging colleague and teammate with strong communication and interpersonal skills while also being an effective independent member of the team.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Baseball Team (GA)