Assistant Coach/Instructor, Women's Lacrosse
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
- Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach/Instructor will be responsible for designing skill development programs for student-athletes and overseeing all aspects of the NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, coach, mentor and inspire student athletes up through graduation.
- Assist the Head Coach to identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division I level and who are capable of succeeding academically and graduating.
- Attend all competitions and practices unless directed to other tasks by the head coach and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in their sport.
- Provide instruction in physical health, nutrition and safety.
- Provide instruction in team concepts and sports etiquette.
- The person who holds this position has been classified as a Campus Security Authority under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Assume the duties of the Head Coach in his or her absence.
- In the absence of the Head Coach, oversee other Assistant Coaches and/or volunteer Assistant Coaches as assigned.
- Oversee graduate assistants and student managers as assigned.
- Assist in the development and oversee off-season conditioning programs for the team.
- Determine individual and team strengths and develop strategies to maximize performance.
- Scout opponents and develop scouting reports.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Head Coach in holding student-athletes accountable for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
- Work with the Head Coach and administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Must have flexibility and be able to sustain long work hours including evenings, early mornings and weekends.
- Position requires frequent travel.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching or playing at a collegiate or professional level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Strong administrative skills including the ability to prioritize organize and budget.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Valid driver's license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Saint Joseph's University.
- Successful background check clearances to include a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.
- Master's degree.
- 5 years of coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region University