Assistant Coach - Women's Basketball
- Provide leadership and management to produce a quality intercollegiate team that represents a commitment to academic and athletic excellence.
- Perform on-court coaching and instruction.
- Other duties include:
- Maintaining statistics
- Game scheduling
- Travel arrangements
- Academic monitoring
- Equipment purchasing
- Exercising good judgment and independent decision making in budgeting
Illustrative Examples of Essential Functions:
- Perform on-court coaching, teaching and instruction.
- Recruit student-athletes to Basketball program.
- Maintain team and individual statistics, report scores to media.
- Schedule sport's contests.
- Purchase and maintain College equipment.
- Adhere to sport budget, including travel, supply, contractual and printing accounts.
- Travel and drive to all contests.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
- Fundraise monies as needed.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es).
- Position is requires moderate physical activity and individual dexterity to demonstrate basketball skills.
- Position may be required to lift 25 on infrequent occasions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, planning, leadership skills, attention to detail, flexibility, initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability and commitment to recruit instruct and motivate college student athletes.
- A positive role model for young adults.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to demonstrate the College Athletics core values of accountability, respect, sportsmanship, academic and athletic excellence.
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and have a good driving record.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a college or high school varsity coach.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of collegiate coaching desired.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: