Director of New Media, Football
The Director of New Media, Football will create and implement the strategic plan related to the recruiting department's multimedia initiatives, from graphic creation to photoshoots. Incumbent must possess the ability to adhere to and comply with department, university, NCAA, and Pac-12 rules and regulations including Pac-12 media rights. New content is to be used as recruiting materials, brochures, mail-outs, and other general correspondence. Incumbent will also oversee strategy and the creation of content for various Football accounts across Twitter, Instagram and other potential emerging social channels. The Director of New Media, Football reports directly to the Director of Player Personnel, Football.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or related field and minimum two years of experience in social media management as well as sports marketing, promotion and/or web development - or – four years of experience in social media management as well as sports marketing, promotion and/or web development
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and a portfolio of visually impressive graphics;
- An ability to create dozens of unique graphics per week and hit aggressive deadlines
- Knowledge of digital multimedia editing systems such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience working with video editing programs
- Demonstrated firsthand experience creating content via graphic design and/or photography skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including copywriting and editing knowledge
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work extended hours including weekends and holidays, with the potential to travel regularly
- Ability to follow NCAA, Pac-12, University, and Departmental rules and regulations
- Demonstrated mastery of social media strategy and best practices on platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a compelling and effective social media strategy across multiple platforms.
- Experience establishing and/or growing a social media brand voice and presence, especially in sports
- Knowledge of online monitoring and measurement platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck and Social Mention
- Drone filming experience; Self-starter with a tenacious work ethic
- A reliable and flexible team player with a friendly and professional attitude
- An interest in college football.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $19.95 per month after trial period.
West Region School